Assignments Ahead

 


Personal photo in the Great Reading Room—my favorite place to get work done.

The assignments in the Myth-Folklore class seem to offer a lot of freedom, flexibility, and creativity. All the writing assignments, from blog comments to storybooks, allow us to share thoughts and ideas in the way that we choose to. Building our own schedule and having the option to only read one of the reading assignments gives us the freedom to work this class into the rest of our commitments in the best way possible.

I'm especially excited for the storybook or semester-long project, because looking at previous students' work inspired me to start brainstorming what I might write about.

At first, I was surprised by the number of extra credit assignments available, because no class I've been in so far has offered that much extra credit. The range of options makes it more likely that one or two will sound fun each week, so I will learn more from completing the assignment because I'm having fun.

I'm excited for the Wikipedia trails extra credit because I already love playing the Wikipedia race game, and this assignment will also help me complete research. I know I will also enjoy periodically looking at the Check-In and Connect board.

Comments

Popular Posts