England—My Favorite Place

     England is my favorite place because of all the great memories I have there. Through OU, I spent a month there taking a socratic seminar-style art criticism class at Oxford University that had me staying up late writing papers and running around trying to find cool art exhibits. Luckily, five of my closest friends were on the trip in similar classes, and I made other friends there. We spent the weeks exploring Oxford coffee shops, book shops and pubs, hiking around the Cotswolds, visiting historical landmarks, and taking weekend trips across Europe. Even though England is known for being rainy, I don't remember a cloudy day!


Personal photo of "the camera" in Oxford, July 2019.


One of the many colleges in Oxford University. Photo from Flickr.


Personal photo near Westminster Abbey taken in July 2019.


Personal photo of a historic mansion in the Cotswolds taken in July 2019.


Personal photo of Stonehenge, July 2019.


Personal photo at the Tate Modern museum in London, July 2019.


Comments

  1. It makes me feel so sentimental to see these pictures, Catherine! And what great pictures you took, like picture-postcards! I did an M.Phil. at Oxford way back in the day (1980s), and I have so many great memories, especially those LOOOONG summer evenings. I never went up to Stonehenge, though: wow! That is so cool! I saw a gorgeous picture of Stonhenge in the snow at Twitter the other day: Stonehenge in the snow :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts