Week 8 Progress

 Looking Back

In the first half of the semester, I'm really happy with my storybook plan and topic and the stories I managed to write. I've also enjoyed reading a lot of the class materials. I've never had a class where most of my assignments are blog posts, but I've loved that format since I can visually see my work come together throughout the semester. 

I haven't been good about sticking to my weekly schedule, and some weeks I've gotten overwhelmed and haven't been able to complete some assignments that I was wanting too. Based on the progress chart I can still make an A by doing some extra credit assignments, and this week I am planning on really focusing on this class to get ahead.

When it comes to writing stories, my favorite part of this class so far, I have really enjoyed the creativity that comes with writing a prequel or sequel. I have written a lot of microfictions too because they worked for some of my readings and are an extra credit option, but I think I prefer longer stories because they give me more flexibility to be creative and add description and complexity.

Looking Forward

Right now I have some unpublished blogs of reading notes, etc. that I didn't finish on time to get points for. In the near future I hope to put the finishing touches on those and turn them in for extra credit points. For writing stories, I want to continue writing prequels/sequels and microfictions, but I also want to experiment with perspective. My storybook will tell stories from a first person perspective of a young girl, and depending on how that goes I might want to change the perspective for some class stories as well.

I also want to continue reading my source book for my storybook and use it for additional reading or writing points, and just for fun. I've enjoyed doing background research and reading to make my storybook more realistic, and I want to continue doing that too.

Finally, there are a couple projects that really interest me and that I want to follow up on from week to week. In addition to that, I want to browse around the project list to find writers that I haven't encountered yet.


Calendar image on Unsplash from Manasvita S.

Comments

Popular Posts